G.J. Lankhorst MA
Former Chief Executive Officer
Gertjan Lankhorst was born in Amsterdam on 22 December 1957. He worked at the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam from 1982 to 1986. In 1986, he took up a position at the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs as a member of the General Economic Policy Department. He then held various other positions at the Ministry including Director for Oil & Gas (1996–1999), Director of Competition (1999–2003) and Director-General for Energy (2004–2005).
Gertjan Lankhorst was Chief Executive Officer at GasTerra from 1 September 2006 to 1 January 2017.
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Hanzehogeschool
- Jury member, Ien Dales (Integrity) Award
- Chairman of the Stichting Fonds Instituut Clingendael (Clingendael Institute Fund Foundation)
- Board member, Vereniging Energie-Nederland
- Board member, Energy Delta Institute
- Member of Strategic Board, Energy Valley
- Vice-President, Eurogas
- Board member, Gasunie/GasTerra Cultural Relations Events Foundation
- Member of National Committee, World Petroleum Council
- Member of Permanent Committee, Good Governance, Vereniging Hogescholen (Association of Colleges)
- General Economics – Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam