J.W. van Hoogstraten MSc
Delegate Supervisory Director
Jan Willem van Hoogstraten was born in Tripoli on 14 August 1964. He is a Delegate Supervisory Director of GasTerra.
Between 1989 and 1997 he held various positions with Shell in the Netherlands and abroad, in the well engineering department. In 1997 he started working for Wintershall, holding various positions, and was appointed Commercial Manager of Wintershall Nordzee in 2007. From 2008 to 2015 he worked for Taqa Energy, starting as manager of the Bergermeer gas storage project and then moving on to become Country Manager and Managing Director. He was appointed as CEO of EBN on 1 March 2016.
Main and ancillary positions
- Chief Executive Officer, EBN B.V.
- Member of the Advisory Board for the Clingendael International Energy Programme (CIEP)
- Member of the TNO Strategic Advisory Board on Energy
- Member of the Supervisory Board, Energy Academy Europe
- Delft University of Technology, Petroleum Extraction (graduated in 1989).